Thursday, January 5, 2017

Where To Begin



The hardest part of any project is start up. This is especially true if you are not an expert at what you are attempting. The best general advice I can give is to be patient with yourself; but persistent. What I mean by that is, it may take some time for you to progress. Don’t get frustrated with yourself if you feel like you are not getting there as quickly as you would like. At the same time though, don’t drag your feet. Get up, get out, and get it done. 

Right now I am trying to pay attention to what I am eating and doing. How active am I during the day? How much do I sit? How much do I walk? How much do I physically play? I am also trying to form a plan to tackle reducing my possessions without directly interfering with my family or my hobbies. Making a plan is a good way to make sure you think about what you do with due consideration.

Not getting frustrated is not always easy. Sometimes when we set goals for ourselves we want to achieve things right away. Knowing that there is a long road of real work can seem daunting; especially if you already have things that need doing. I am reminding myself that everything is a process and that if this is all worth doing, it is worth doing well and worth working at.

No comments:

Post a Comment